- National Extension College – March 2012 Working with the NEC on a 12 month program to redevelop their web services and systems reducing cost and risk and increasing functionality.
- Ufi Charitable Trust (UCT) – March 2012 Awarded the contract to project manage the construction of lean web systems and services that will underpin their mission. This involves working with a number of suppliers working in an agile fashion on a three phase release between February and October 2012. http://www.ufi.co.uk
- UCT Feb 2012 Commissioned with Clive Sheppard and Seb Schmoller to produce a report for the UCT on priorities for interventions by the Trust and others through learning technologies in adult learning and employability in the UK due May 2012. http://goo.gl/T0pnb
- JISC - December 2011-March 2012, working as an associate of SERO Consulting Ltd to undertake a review of the National Grid Service (NGS) to assess the business options for sustainable services the project is described on the JISC site at http://goo.gl/HMcdZ
- Microsoft Seattle – May 2011, as a Fellow of Education Impact and part of an international team worked with the Microsoft education product team to review the imminent Office365 offer for use in educational establishments.
- Malta Information Technology Agency (MITA) – Between December 2010 and March 2011, worked as an Education Impact Fellow with my colleague Seb Schmoller for MITA (the Government of Malta’s information technology agency) on a best practice study about incentive schemes for the improvement of ICT skills in the population.
- Unionlearn – Between March and May 2011, undertook a strategic review of the technology strategy of this arm of the UK’s Trades Union Congress, creating a 3 year technology road-map that would integrate with the Unionlearn business strategy.
- The Open College of the Arts (OCA)
- August-October 2010, undertook a governance and systems infrastructure review, migrating OCA to a cloud and open source solution with significant savings and efficiency gains.
- June – August 2011, undertook a strategic workshop to produce an implementable set of project proposals as part of an integrated IT Strategy
- November -December 2011 provisioned a new internet solution giving them 40 mb/s download and dual resilient routes onto the internet at half the cost of their current connectivity solution.
- The Scottish Universities and Colleges – Between March 2011 and July 2011, worked as part of a team from SERO undertaking a technical review specifically looking at the potential for shared services. Produced a set of recommendations and tools that are due to be used from September 2011 across the whole of the Scottish HE sector the report is available here.
- ictQATAR – In August 2010, working as a Fellow of Education Impact gave two keynote addresses for ictQATAR in Doha to government and business users on overcoming barriers to the creation of a national skills e-learning portal described here
- Learning and Skills Improvement Service (LSIS) – In November 2010, provided technical expertise as part of a team re-procuring the LSIS “Excellence Gateway” a large content repository and information portal and communications platform.
- The National Institute of Adult Continuing Education (NIACE) – Between December 2010 and January 2011, worked with senior management and the technical staff to review the NIACE technical team and capability as part of a internal restructure.
- Supreme Education Council (SEC) QATER – During October / November 2010, worked with the SEC and Microsoft to design a change programme that would allow SEC to provide administrative and curriculum services as a franchise operation to every school in the country.
- Calibrand – July 2010, supported an e-assessment organisation working with a supplier on the procurement of their hosting arrangements.
- The Open University - In July 2010, worked with SERO as their technical lead on a study reviewing the open university’s e-learning environments to produce a list of recommendations which were subsequently adopted.